Monday, June 4, 2012

Peder is having trouble speaking English






Familia e Amigos,
 So this week has been an interesting one. First off I will start with tuesday. So there is an inactive we ran into called Luis. He can speak 5 languages and when we were there he wanted us to speak english. I gave the first prayer in english and I had such a hard time. It was so rough. I could not remember anything and it took me a long time to pray. Altogether I had a really hard time teaching in English. But it was alll good. It did worry me a bit about what will happen when I get back home. 
 Also after that we taught English to people this week. It was pretty awesome. I actually really enjoyed doing it and I'm excited to be doing it every week.
 During this week I got a fever as well. It did make it kind of hard to work but it went all well. The day was tough but after sleeping it off I was alll good the next day. People did start to realize how red I can get though.
 The end of this week was pretty awesome. So on Saturday we had the baptism of Rosiane's sister Fabricia. It was a good baptism and I had to conduct. Pretty crazy. But it was all good. Really the baptism went super well and I am super excited that Fabricia has followed after Christ and been baptized. 
 This Sunday was fast and testimony meeting as well. I stinking love fast and testimony meeting. I can feel the Spirit so strong throughout it all. One testimony that was awesome was of our investigator Warley. So he still isn't able to get baptized because of permission. But he knows all these things are true and he is stinking awesome. On Sunday when he bore his testimony it was just so strong to me. It was a simple testimony but I was so happy to hear it. 
 I love being here in Porto Novo. I love the people here and I love being able to feel the Spirit so strong here. I know that this Church is true. I know that we have a living prophet today and that he has been called of God. I know that families can be eternal and I love my family so much. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He died that all of us could return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that by follwing the gospel and following the Savior's example that we will have happiness in this life and that God is always with us.
 I love you all and I hope that everything is going amazing for you.
 Elder Peder Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment