Monday, April 2, 2012

Baptisms, Conference and getting slapped in the face

Familia e Amigos,
 So this week has been pretty sweet here in Porto Novo. Let's see the things that we're really cool this week. First off one of our investigators that has been waiting to get permission finally got it which is awesome. He should be baptized this week which is awesome. His name is Bruno.
 Let's see as well this week has just been really good. There haven't really been any specific things that I can point out and say that's what made this week awesome it's just been that our lessons have been solid and we are teaching well. Conference waqsa stinking awesome. We watched the first two sessions in Portuguese but I was still able to get a good part of them down. President Eyring's talk was one that I loved. Also on Sunday morning before church we went to watch the Priesthood session. I loved the priesthood session. It was so good. 
 We are teaching this new investigator named Jason as well this week. A lot of his family is interested and when we came in to their house to teach they all came and sat in the lesson which was awesome. It's an awesome feeling to be able to teach entire families because this gospel is such a blessing to all families. 
 I just want to say that I am so happy to be serving a mission. During conference, a member named Jeremias asked if I wanted to be in the confrence center. I though about it and you know I really wouldn't want to be anywhere but here right now. This is where I'm supposed to be and it is just awesome! The Church is true and I know that we have a living Prophet today. I love you all and I hope that everything is going well.
 -Elder Schillemat

ps so there was actually kind of something funny that happened this week. So we were sitting outside Bruno's house to teach him and this little kid came up and stood in front of me. I thought nothing of it and he was just standing there smiling. The next thing I knew was that he cocked back his arm and slapped me straight on my face. And he had a pretty get slap. I've been trying to avoid this kid ever since. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment