Monday, May 13, 2013

A few weeks of posts from Peder--sorry I got behind, friends.

Familia e Amigos,
 So things here are going well. This week has been an interesting one and in all truth was one of the first transfers for my comp so he was thinking a lot about what would happen with transfers. So to explain briefly Elder Teixeira has been transferred to Taraffal. And I am going to serve with Elder Montes. Elder Montes is way chill and I'm super psyched to serve with him. In all truth I don't have a ton to write but I just want to let you all know that I love you and that I know that this church is true. I know that this work is so important and we are here really saving people. It's weird to think but we are giving everyone their chance to come unto Christ and to feel his love that he has for everyone one of us. In speaking of that I was reading Jesus the Christ this week and I read something that made me think a lot. So there was a guy that did a study on the death of Christ  And what he concluded is that Christ probably died from a ruptured heart which is due to much spiritual anguish. And you know He paid that all for us. It really made me think how much he was thinking about us all. It is just amazing to think of it all. He really loves us all. And I know that all He want's is that we can come unto Him. And there, for a surety, we will find rest.
 I love you all and I hope that you all have an amazing week. 

Familia e Amigos,
 So this week has been pretty sweet but the most awesome things were what happened at the end of the week. So we have an investigator named Ricardo who was baptized this last week. Man it was stinking sweet. What was more awesome than anything was him after the baptism. We were teaching him and his sister and he just said straight out. If anything I do know more than anything that this really is the church of Christ  Holy flip it made me happy. Just hearing such a sincere testimony makes me so happy. 
 After that we had church on Sunday  So this week was fast and testimony meeting. So what was sweet was that one of our recent converts bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and as well one of our investigators that had showed up to church for the first time bore her testimony in church. Man it was stinking sweet. And to top it all off as well one of our investigators said that she would be baptized during church. Man things just kept getting more awesome and awesome. Altogether I would just like to say how happy I am to be here. I know that this time is blessed and I love these people here. Honestly the work is going well and I am really just loving these members. They are just amazing and I feel  close to them all. 
 One thing I just wanted to say is how stinking powerful a testimony is. It is something that only really takes one second but it is just something that you know that makes you feel so good. And to truth I know that I am supposed to be here. And I know that as I work I am loving these people more and more. I love you all. You are all stinking awesome, 
 Love Peder
 ps Grandma I am getting your emails. Sorry if it seems that I am not. But I love you a whole lot. 
batismo de ricardo


Familia e Amigos,
 This week has been pretty stinking chill. So this week started off with my birthday. So in truth there was not much different about my birthday than any other day. But one thing that happened that day at the end was that Elder Teixeira invited someone for baptism and she accepted. It made me super happy as we were walking home. So in truth that what I feel my birthday present was. 
 The rest of the week continued to go well. We were able to find a lot more people and just talk with a bunch of people. One thing that happened specifically was that we talked with this guy named Carlos. So with Carlos we were talking and we invited him to pray at the end. Most people respond to that and are pretty hesitant. He didn't hesitate at all. He started to pray and it was just an awesome prayer. He was so sincere and I just loved it. 
 After that we also had a baptism this week of our investigator Ze Carlos. Man it was a sweet day and his girlfriend got baptized on the same day. Right now they live apart but they are planning on getting married which is even more awesome. What was funny was that Elder Teixeira said that most of the time that we have met with Ze Carlos' girlfriend she seems a little unhappy. But on the day of her baptism she was just smiling the whole time. It was just sweet.
 Altogether I am loving the area. The work here is goig well and I really love these people here. In truth I am not much for working in the city areas but I am loving it here. 
 I love you all and I hope that you all have an amazing week. Invite everyone to hear about the gospel. Because that really all we have to do. Love you, 
 Peder

No comments:

Post a Comment