Monday, May 27, 2013

Having a great week in Cape Verde

Familia e Amigos,
 So this week has been pretty chill. So as far as the area is going everything si pretty chill. We had a good amount of lessons this week and we were able to find a couple of new investigators. So some more marking lessons of the week were actaully the ones that happened yesterday. So yesterday morning we were teaching this guy named David. So David speaks english which is pretty different. And in all truth I get a lot more worried about teaching in english now then in portuguese. But as we were teaching we decided to read the family proclamation to the world which luckily I had in english. So as we were reading it I have never seen someone so touched by the words there than anyone else. Man it was just amazing. And I don't feel that I stumbled in English. except in the prayer where instead of always I said sempre. Dang.
 As well I have an amazing person that we are teaching called Nanda. So just some background about Nanda. So she is a lady who ever since we started to talk to her has been super psyched for baptism. She also can't see from one eye. So we left her with a Book of Mormon the last time and you know even with her lack of sight she has been reading like no other. And not only reading but reading and asking questions. Holy flip it is amazing. She brought her son to church yesterday as well which was just sweet.
 So I guess if I had to some up a week just have to say that you truly can make the best of any situation. You know we as american missionaries don't have everything and in truth I am not the smartest guy in the world. Actually pretty far from it. But with all these things there is a lot to be excited about and a lot that we can do. A lot of people do that here, living in the poorest of situations and they are just stinking happy and we as well can do that. We have so many things every single one of us and really we can always find at least one thing that's good. I love you all and I know that this church is true,
 Peder

No comments:

Post a Comment