Monday, November 12, 2012

Bo Podi Credita?

Familia e Amigos,
 So this week was a really solid week. We have found some investigators that are pretty sweet and as a whole the work is going really well. This week we have been working on memorizing more scriptures as well. I highly recommend this. It is awesome to do and scriptures just come into your head so quickly. It has improved our teaching so much.
 So in terms of teaching there have been some pretty sweet lessons we had this week. One was with a member named Carlita. So since we have got here we have been told to pass by this member and talk to her and her family. But every time we have passed by we haven't been able to find her. So eventually one night we decide to pass by. So first off we got lost because I'm awful with directions. But when we found it, there was someone outside reading. As we got closer we saw that they were reading in the doctrine and covenants. Finally we found Carlita. She said that ever since she had moved that she hasn't seen missionaries since. But finally we were able to find her. As well she is a boss. She wants to work so hard to unite her whole family in the church and she is more than willing to hep us teach. Man it was just awesome.
 I want to tell a story about what happened Saturday night. So I'm sure you've all heard the stories of the  missionaries praying to find someone and then they choose this random street and find someone who needed them in that very instant. Well I've always thought about how I've wanted that to happen to me. As ocassion turns out on Saturday we had no one to teach. We didn't know where to go but Elder Twiggs just picked a street. As we were walking by we saw this house that looked way nicer than any house we have seen in our area. As we passed we stopped a little just to look at the house and to think. So from that house a lady leaves in that moment. She is walking around for a while and then finally Elder Twiggs decides to talk to her. As we talk to her she mentions how she has seen elders before but never had the chance to speak with them. We talk a little more and mark a time but just as we are about to leave she mentions to us. "You know right before you guys were talking with me I was praying". It just was amazing. Honestly the Lord is preparing those that are ready. I know it and I know that when we follow the Spirit that we can really help people to follow Christ. I know that this Church is true. I know that God loves us and that He will always help us. This work is amazing. Everyday we are led by the Spirit and miracles happen.
 I love you all, 
Peder

Mosiah 4:9-10
 Stinking sweet scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment