Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Great Cause

Familia e Amigos,
 This week has been pretty solid. I will start off with last Monday. So it was the start of a new transfer so we went out and we started talking to some members and in one house we found a member named Nilton. As well there was a kid named Victorzinho there. So we started talking to them and Victorzinho had so much knowledge of the Book of Mormon. It was straight up awesome. As we were talking to all of them I shared 2 Nephi 31 with them and we invited Victorzinho to be baptized! And he said yes! Straight up awesome. Then on Sunday he showed up in Church and he was just amazing. He was answering like every question in Elders Quourum and he was just so involved. I straight up love it. As well during this week mission president came to our house to do interviews. It was straight up awesome and I love President Oliveira. He helps so much and I learn so much from his example. 
 As well during this week a couple funny things have happened. One of which happened on Saturday. So what went on was that we went to this persons house more or less to do a contact. We came up and a dog started barking. I just kinda let it slid and continued walking torwards the door. Not the smartest idea. The dog got up and bit both sides of my pant legs. Not me though. It didi catch me by surprise a little bit but it was all good. Afterwards we were able to teach at that house so it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately there are some bite marks in my pants now. 
 Then as well on Saturday we went to a part of our area called Achada Grande. So we steyed there for a while but I was a little disappointed with the result there. But as we were walking back to Relva we ran into this kid named Kevin and taught him the whole Restoration as we were walking. It was straight up awesome!!!! 
 So there's been a scripture in my mind this whole week. D&C 128: 22-23. IT IS STRAIGHT UP AWESOME! Everytime I feel a little discouraged I can read that verse and I feel awesome. Actually the title is the start of that verse in portuguese. 
 I love being here and I know that we are blessed as we help people to come unto Christ and to be saved. I love it! And I love you all and I hope that you continue to be well. 
 Elder Schillemat (Peder) 

No comments:

Post a Comment