Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Return to Praia and More Baptisms.


Familia e Amigos,
 So this week has been awesome. So I feel that I am finally getting to now my area better and I am so glad because of that. It has been amazing the work that we have been able to do here. We are working in a new branch her in Praia and it meets in the afternoon but it's all good. The members here are a huge help and I am so grateful for all that they do for us. 
 So specifically this week we had the baptism of a man named Mais Alto(or in english more tall). Man it was a sweet baptism. So in the picture I sent has Mais Alto and the guy that was baptizing hime. So Domingos, is a recent convert, and this was the first time that he was baptizing someone. And one thing that you can probably see is that he is quite a bit shorter. In truth during the baptism I was a little worried that he wouldn't be able to do it. But in the second time he was able to do it and it was awesome. Man on sunday as well Mais Alto boe his testimony about how he knew that the church was true and that he was happy for the elders(who he had forgotten the names) but it was so awesome. It was so awesome and what was even cooler was a guy that we marked a date for baptism with the day before bore his testimony about the baptism. Man stinking sweet. 
 You know I've thought at times that things could get old or that the gospel has an end of being so great but it doesn't. Everytime that we help someone or that someone recognizes the truth i their lives it is just amzing.  The gospel is so true and regardless of how many times we have heard it or how many times it seems impossible to do, it will bless our lives. I know that this is true, I love you all and I hope that you have amazing weeks,
Peder


(April 8th email.  Hope you know that the picture above goes with the latest letter.)

 So this week has been pretty sweet. So first off I am now in Praia. It is quite different here than in Calheta. I am serving with a missionary from Fogo named Elder Teixeira. He is actually waiting for his visa so that he can go to england. So right now I will be working to teach him english. The only problem is the slight accent I have makes it harder to understand. But it's all good. 
 This week we are still working on getting to know all of our investigators but it's still been a very good week. So we had conference this week, which was sweet, and during that it was quite intersting. A couple instances in particular. So after the first session I felt like we shouldgo and just look for people to go to the next. And luckily my district leader felt the same. So we booked it and we were ale to find two more people to go. As well in the last session we were as well looking around for people. And after we passed by the people who said they would come and they wern't there, we then decided to pass by one other person. And luckily it was someone who had been looking for us. And it was just awesome. You know truthfully God is guiding us. He is helping  us  and He wants us to succeed. Man I love being on the mission. I love it here and I just want to do everything I can for these people,
 Love you all,
 Peder



No comments:

Post a Comment