Sunday, December 25, 2011

Feliz Natal! or Merry Christmas!

So first off: FELIZ NATAL!!!!!!1 How is everyone doing ? Sorry that it took a while to get to all of you but it's been a little bit new trying to get used to the schedule here,. But everything is way good. My companion is Elder Talbot. He's from Vernal, UT. He likes to work out which is chill for him but I've never really been fond of it and he played football and volleyball in high school. He's way bigger than I am. He's like 6'1" and I'm way short compared to him. Luckily I'm still better at ball. haha. So yeah things at the MTC have been good.  It's a lot of work but it's most definitely worth it. The portuguese is difficult but it's all good. I've picked up more than I thought i would in 10 days!! Also it's kinda crazy that it's only been ten days. It really feels like I've been gone longer than that. But it's all good. So far as I know I haven't been getting fatter so I'm going to try to continue along that route.
 Also my district is the bomb. There are 4 sisters and 4 elders in our district which is a little unusual but it's all good. We alll get along really well which is good cuz we'll be here for 9 weeks. :)
 So Christmas in the MTC has been pretty chill. Yesterday we had a fireside and got to watch the Christmas Carol. Whcih was all pretty good. Today we were able to have sacrament meeting with David A. Bednar. He gave an awesome talk. It was all about getting to know of Christ instead of knowing about him. He talked about how the Savior was always able to look out towards people despite all of his situations and how we may become more like Christ. It was stinking awesome. I really liked it. Afterwards our district had a testimony meeting and a white elephant thing which was way chill. You could really feel the Spirit as we bore our testimonies. Also as you might have guessed we can e-mail today since we can't call. We're going to have another fireside tonight which should be awesome. What's nice about the MTC during Christmas though is that you really can just focus on the Savior which is what it's all about. It really get's you focused on what's improtatnt.
 So I reallty want to know what's gong on with all of you. How's NH been? Or if you're not in NH how's wahtever state your in been? Mom, Kirstin and everyone else who sent me a package. Thank you so much!!! I opened them this morning and I really like the Celtics apron. :)  So just get back to me howeever you can. :)
Meu Testemunho: Eu sei que A Igreja e verdaideiro. O Livro de Mormon e as palavras de Deus. Joseph Smith e um profeta . Meu Salvador, Jesus Cristo tem expiar por nossos pecados e Eu sou muito grato! Eu sei que eu sou um filho de Deus. Ele e o nosso amoroso Pai Celstial. Eu nos amo e trabalho de missionario e imponente. As familis sao eterna. Eu digo iste em nome de Jesus Cristo. Amem.
Elder Schillemat.

p.s. people have already started noticing tht I look like Matt Damon. One Elder only calls me Elder Damon and another asked me for my autograph. bUT IT'S ALL GOOD. aLSO i AM called Elder "Chill"emat. So it's all going well. Talk to you soon. PAZ!
Sorry about the typing. I'm kinda rushed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment